hello everyone

hello everyone  

RSS

melissaaurora
(@melissaaurora)
05/10/2019 8:24 am  

Hi!

I just discovered this site while looking for a platform to upload my songs.

I've started writing songs recently, and I wanted some exterior feedback. Thank you in advance for your time. I'll post some songs here soon.

Songwriter Junction
(@songwriter-junction)
Member Admin
05/10/2019 8:53 am  

Welcome to the Junction, Melissa. Nice to have you here. You will have noticed that it took a little while for your first post to appear. This is because first posts need moderation. It's an anti-spam thing. Future posts should appear straight away, although sometimes the second post also needs moderation - not quite sure why. Looking forward to hearing your songs and having you as part of the community here.

ReplyQuote
Jenny Stokes
(@jenny-stokes)
Honorable Member
08/10/2019 4:42 am  

Hey Melissa. My name is Jen. What kind of songs do you write? I'm a bit of an eclectic sort myself, blues, rock, metal, classical, pop, jazz, folk....so I look forward to seeing what you've come up with. Welcome to the Junction.  🙂 

http://evansandstokes.com
https://www.facebook.com/evansandstokes/

ReplyQuote
melissaaurora
(@melissaaurora)
08/10/2019 6:32 am  

@jenny-stokes

Hi!

I don't really know if I belong to a particular genre. I guess calm pop? I posted a song here just now, so why don't you make an idea for yourself 🙂 haha

I take a lot of inspiration from Billie Eilish, but with brighter themes. I'm not very cultured in music sadly, so I don't know what other artists my music might reming you of.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Mabbo
(@mabbo)
A Night To ReMember
08/10/2019 9:38 am  

Hello Melissa.  I'm Marc-Alan Barnette, or "MAB." Welcome around. The subject of "genre" comes up often as people are trying to find if its something to relate to and posibly be interested enough to personally work with it. So having a few favorite artists that might draw some comparrisons to are always a good idea. If you are more primarily a "writer", genre is not as important because you should attempt to write in several genres. If you are an "artist" you generally have to have a more narrow focus because potential listeners need to know what you are trying to do. Again, it is all about getting and keeping attention.

I'm personally always intersted in what has driven people to be involved in music, how their journey is going and what their expectations are. We all start off writing for much the same reasons, self expression, but most people develop interests in other aspects, from simply finding like minded people to share a hobby, to those interested in the business side and how all that works. So describing a little bit of your own interests helps people get to know you and see if you can help build some allies among the people here. We are all friends and all are willing and ready to help out if we can. Hope you like it here. Nice folks.

MAB

Marc-Alan Barnette

ReplyQuote
Bogi
 Bogi
(@bogi)
10/10/2019 10:48 am  

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and in this whole musical environment. I'm 16 and want to be a lyricist, but I'm really a beginner yet. Can someone help or maybe answer some of my questions? Thanks and have a nice day 🙂

ReplyQuote
Songwriter Junction
(@songwriter-junction)
Member Admin
10/10/2019 11:00 am  

Welcome to the Junction, Bunny Boo. Nice to have you here. Try asking your questions here in Introductions or in the Songwriters Lounge.

ReplyQuote
Bogi
 Bogi
(@bogi)
10/10/2019 11:16 am  

Thank you!

I read and a musician friend of mine said I had to write at least one "chorus" a day to practice. But writing only goes for me if I have the inspiration. So how do I practice it?

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Honorable Member
10/10/2019 11:23 am  

Here's some good advice from MAB (a member here)

It’s all about the song

I may or may not be an enigma
http://mysteriousbeings.com

ReplyQuote
Bogi
 Bogi
(@bogi)
10/10/2019 12:02 pm  

Thank You Sir!

ReplyQuote
Mabbo
(@mabbo)
A Night To ReMember
10/10/2019 1:45 pm  

@bunny-boo

Hi, It actually should be more "DO SOMETHING A DAY" for your overall writing.

This could be writing down a story line.
Collecting some titles. 
Sitting somewhere watching people to see what could be an interesting story for a song.
Learning a guitar chord.

Pulling up a favorite song, looking at the lyrics and breaking down the song and why you like it.
Going to a songwriter's show or viewing some people on their web sites and learning from them. 

Finding out if there are songwriter related groups in your area.

Should you write a "chorus" a day? That would probably depend on what your overall experience is. In my experience, making music starts with co-writing with other people so you learn by doing. So trying to find people in your area that you might write with is very important. 

Marc-Alan Barnette

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register