What type Jammies d...

What type Jammies do you prefer???  

RSS

OD-OldDog
(@od-olddog)
Sparkly Member
26/03/2019 3:23 pm  

Now this may seem like a strange topic to discuss but since we are all friends here, I feel sharing even our most intimate secrets may be a benefit in some small way to help each other.

As an old guy, long since retired and far from the night scene..... meaning the clubs and loud music venues, my "night scene" these days means a quiet night at home in comfy attire relaxing in my Lazyboy recliner.  I appreciate a good pair of jammies. However the question now is; which style best suits me and my current life-style and how did I reach this conclusion, that is truly the question.  Perhaps my years of trial and error may benefit those of you nearing retirement age that have not yet had the opportunity to research this subject like I have.

I go way back and recall the days of my very early youth when the two piece metal button up type, with built in feet were in style and preferred by most mothers so they could sleep comfortably without worrying if their annoying kid slipped out of their cozy blankie during the middle of the night.  However; after I depended on that style of jammies,  and wearing them long after my teenage years, I was embarrassed to learn on my first wedding night those type jammies were long out of style.

It was my very first honeymoon night when I learned it was best to go bare so that night I reluctantly cut the feet out of every pair of jammies I owned.  My feet were indeed bare and after my subsequent first divorce, when I began to hear stories from other men how they lost everything in a divorce, I quickly related with them although most of them told stories of losing everything to their ex-wives but I wasn't so concerned about losing a house, a car, or a savings account like them, I plead to the judge to make her return the feet to my jammies.  I truly don't feel the judge remembered his youth with wearing his favorite jammies when he slapped that gavel down and shouted out to me "Sir, I would worry more about covering your ass from now on; not your feet".   Anyway, I was forced to deal with my situation, as most men are.

Now, we all grow up and mature with age due to life experiences and that happened with me years later while watching old movies and taking a liking to Carey Grant's jammies.  He preferred two piece jammies with pull up bottoms having an elastic waist band and button up top that I admit I didn't take to at first but soon realized those were the jammies for me also.  Well I wore that style for years until my next marriage and that honeymoon when that night my new bride ripped my top off, flinging buttons all over the room and easily pulling down my bottoms because of that elastic waist band and ripping them into shreds before I had time to get my feet out of them.  I have to admit I didn't realize I had married such a religious woman until that wedding night when she kept crying out  "Oh God" and "Dear Lord".  I felt kind of embarrassed as if I was being watched after her crying out to the Lord and me being nearly naked after she ripped my jammies off me.  I kept trying to grab them back to cover up.  Needless to say when that marriage was over (shortly there after), I lost another house, another car, and another savings account.  Once again I complained before a different judge I wasn't even left with a decent pair of Cary Grant jammies to wear, and without any sign of mercy at all he said "try wearing some clothes to bed from now on".

So now in my old age without a wife or a future judge to ever worry about.  I find comfort in wearing my flannel jammie bottoms with a t-shirt and warm polar top.  They are warm and comfy while I sit in my Lazyboy watching TV or taking a nap.  I truly recommend them to every man out there approaching retirement age like me.

OD

This topic was modified 3 months ago by OD-OldDog

Deacon
(@deacon)
Sparkly Member
26/03/2019 10:52 pm  

Gracious me OD,

I had no idea you were so versed in the expertise of jammies, who knew.  I never concerned myself with what kind of jammies I would buy for myself, or even what kind I preferred, I usually left that up to those who felt obligated to purchase a gift for me at Christmas, Fathers Day, or my birthday, size color, and comfort were no matter to me.  As always, they would end up in the bottom drawer of my dresser along with my old tighty whities, worn out socks with holes in the heels, and that ball cap with the writing across the front, "Somebody I Know Went To Florida And All They Brought Back For Me Was This Stupid Hat", and oh I almost forgot, my "I'm With Stupid" tee shirt with the index finger pointing straight up.  Honestly, I really didn't care about jammies at all, I was happy with my boxer briefs, and even happier when I went commando.

Several years ago while my wonderful Bride of 35 years and I were out at a yard sale, I spied a brand new package of pajamas on a table, the most beautiful colors of blue, yellow, green, white and black radiated from the package, I swear to you it was the most wonderful eye candy I had ever beheld.  Emblazened all over the top and bottoms were likenesses of "Sponge Bob Square Pants" and the words "Where's The Booty".  I had to have these jammies, I craved them, and I would have them come heck or high water.  Long story short, I still have them, except for the top which suffered a fatal washing machine agitator accident a few years ago, or so I was told, and to this day I wear the bottoms around the house proudly, and have even been known to quietly sing " Where's The Booty - Where's The Booty".

OD Thank you for starting this topic, I truly believe this subject needs to be brought to the fore front where honest and open conversations can raise awareness to the tragedy of jammie mandering so that healing may begin, lets just see how many other brave souls chime in.

Best wishes,

Speak soon

Music is an international language, say it with a song.

ReplyQuote
OD-OldDog
(@od-olddog)
Sparkly Member
28/03/2019 12:57 pm  

Ha!!!  Deacon Ole Buddy.  Of course you know I was only making all of that up; but I enjoyed reading your post.  

Wear those "Sponge Bob Square Pants" jammies proud Brother, wear them proud.

However; I would avoid wearing them into a Walmart because you may end up in a photo montage on the internet.  Not that there would be anything wrong with that.  Ha!!!

OD

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Honorable Member
29/03/2019 12:23 am  

Guys, get your galls to buy you a pair of silk shorts! Trust me!! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
OD-OldDog
(@od-olddog)
Sparkly Member
30/03/2019 3:44 pm  

Tony, I appreciate your advise and your endorsement of silk undies but I have to admit I didn't even realize such an option existed for us men.  Of course I'm aware of older rich guys like "Heff" enjoying his silk jammies and even some mention of silk bed sheets; but I've tried none of them.   If this old guy gets in the beer while on Amazon, I may have to order some.  Ha!!!

OD

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register