Theodorekidd
(@theodorekidd)
Topic starter  

??

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Theodorekidd

Deacon
(@deacon)
Honorable Member

Hello Theo, I would be the last person that I would listen to when seeking advice.  With that said, I know from experience when one is happily immersed in their career choice, no level of study, practice, and learning are too much of a price to pay to attain your goals.  It seems you have struck a comfortable balance at this point, and are more precise about quality and excellence, rather that quantity, it is obvious through your music.  Let your talent and hunger to be great tell you what is right and what is wrong.  Don't stop listening to your mentors, continue to put yourself out there, and strive to build relationships, but if something doesn't feel right seek more knowledge.  I hope this helps, good luck and best wishes,

Speak soon

Music is an international language, say it with a song. deaconmusic4u@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
Mabbo
(@mabbo)
Honorable Member

Sounds like overkill. there is nothuing wrong with practicing and being proficient in what you do. But is your goal to be the most practiced musician in the world? Probably won't ever achieve that because there's always some young kid that has the energy and no demands from the real world that can practice longer than you can.

So it would come down to what are your overall goals and what are you practicing for? What you do is very personal and no one can give you advice on what you should do, because they are not you. But it sounds like at some point you'd need to put all that practice into practical application. If you are doing that, then you keep doing it. 
It's a constant process, and only you can determine what works for you.

MAB

Marc-Alan Barnette

ReplyQuote
Share: