Clear all

old folkie here

Page 1 / 3

Polly
(@polly)
A Night To ReMember
Topic starter  

Hi,

I write songs, mostly folk/country/bluegrass style. And I sing and play nylon-string guitar. I am looking for a forum where this style is welcome. I like to review songs, as long as they are not loud/rock/contemporary/popular/rap. 

So as you can see, it has been pretty hard for me to find the right forum to give and get reviews.

Am I at the right place?

Songwriter Junction
(@songwriter-junction)
Member Admin

Welcome to the Junction, Polly. Nice to have you here. You will have noticed that it took a little while for your first post to appear. This is because first posts need moderation. It's an anti-spam thing. Future posts should appear straight away, although sometimes the second post also needs moderation - not quite sure why.

In answer to your question - yes, I think you are in the right place 🙂 Probably most folks here are like you, though we have all kinds.

ReplyQuote
Polly
(@polly)
A Night To ReMember
Topic starter  
Posted by: @songwriter-junction

Welcome to the Junction, Polly. Nice to have you here. You will have noticed that it took a little while for your first post to appear. This is because first posts need moderation. It's an anti-spam thing. Future posts should appear straight away, although sometimes the second post also needs moderation - not quite sure why.

In answer to your question - yes, I think you are in the right place 🙂 Probably most folks here are like you, though we have all kinds.

Oh thanks! If most folks here are folkies like me, I will be very happy to post songs and listen and review songs. I actually like various styles, but I stay away from anything loud or overly electronic. 

ReplyQuote
Deacon
(@deacon)
Honorable Member

Hello Polly, Welcome, great to have you here at the Junction, you will fit in well.  Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.  Best wishes,

Speak soon

Music is an international language, say it with a song. deaconmusic4u@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Noble Member

I was playing "Twinkle twinkle  little star" on my Moms old Hernandis  when I was 8 y/o lol... I still have that guitar. Welcome to the Junction 🙂

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=1449856

ReplyQuote
Polly
(@polly)
A Night To ReMember
Topic starter  

There's a forum for lyrics and a forum for tunes, but I didn't see a forum for songs.

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Noble Member

We ain't so formal 'round here hon... we like our tunes an' songs just the same. Heck, some of us even collaborate WITHOUT music... but I wouldn't recommend it lol  😉

ReplyQuote
Polly
(@polly)
A Night To ReMember
Topic starter  
Posted by: @japov

We ain't so formal 'round here hon... we like our tunes an' songs just the same. Heck, some of us even collaborate WITHOUT music... but I wouldn't recommend it lol  😉

If I wanted to post a song (with words and music) what forum would I post it in?

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Noble Member

If you still consider it a work in progress, especially lyrically, then post in lyrics with a link. If it's a finished product and you're just showin' off, then post in tune topics... 🙂

ReplyQuote
Polly
(@polly)
A Night To ReMember
Topic starter  

If you still consider it a work in progress, especially lyrically, then post in lyrics with a link. If it's a finished product and you're just showin' off, then post in tune topics... 🙂

I would post something that is finished, but not really to show off. I like to get reviews, to see what others think of my songs. Do members give each other reviews here? I noticed there don't seem to be a lot of members, and there don't seem to be a lot of songs posted.

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Noble Member

Yea', it's been pretty slow around here lately... but trust me, either way you go you'll probably stir something up! Do you have professional studio recordings? Most of us here are just home recording on our computers so... everything is really just a work in progress.

ReplyQuote
Polly
(@polly)
A Night To ReMember
Topic starter  

Yea', it's been pretty slow around here lately... but trust me, either way you go you'll probably stir something up! Do you have professional studio recordings? Most of us here are just home recording on our computers so... everything is really just a work in progress.

I just record on my computer, nothing professional at all. I just sing and play guitar. My recordings are usually just one track. I want it to sound the same as when I sing at open mics. I don't mess around with trying to make it sound better. 

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Noble Member

Well, you're options are wide open then! The lyrics library gets the most traffic but it moves real fast because... well... some folks never run out of words lol. I would recommend tune topics for you! Don't worry, you're going to fit right in 🙂

ReplyQuote
Polly
(@polly)
A Night To ReMember
Topic starter  

Well, you're options are wide open then! The lyrics library gets the most traffic but it moves real fast because... well... some folks never run out of words lol. I would recommend tune topics for you! Don't worry, you're going to fit right in 🙂

I definitely would not post in lyrics, since I would be posting complete songs, with music.

Is the rule that we review one song for every song we post?

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Noble Member

Again... we're really not so strict around here. Personally, if I can't think of anything to say then... I don't lol, but I'd say that's only about 30% of the time. One man's noise is another man's eargasm so... I've never told anyone they SUCK! However, when my friends lay a turd I'm not afraid to let them know lol  🙂

Just be yourself 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: