Tips for a catchy chorus
Take a look at this link:
A catchy chorus can make or break a song. It’s the most important part of your song, and if it’s not memorable, you’re in trouble.
Here are some tips for that perfect catchy chorus:
- Use imagery. Create a mental picture for your listener, and imagery is essential when writing a catchy chorus that’s easy to remember.
- Use alliteration. Alliteration is the repetition of initial consonant sounds at the beginning of words and is a great way to craft an exciting and attention-grabbing chorus.
- Keep it short. Try not to get into too many details in your chorus because you want your listeners to be able to fit themselves into your song’s story.
- Repeat your title. Repeating your song’s title several times will catch the listener’s ear and keep them engaged.
- Use active verbs. Using words that are more descriptive than action-oriented will help your chorus stand out more.
- Go with your gut. If you feel something is catchy, there isn’t anything that should stop you from writing it.
- Keep it simple and vague. If you need to, use one word that can mean many things at once (like “love”) instead of adding so much description into your lyrics that listeners get confused.
- Try using a “sound of surprise.” What’s a “sound of surprise?” Well, it’s when you’re surprised by something that happens (like how people say, “Oh!” in surprise), so you can use this to make your chorus more interesting.
- Use fewer words in your chorus than in your other song sections. While these tips don’t always work, sometimes they can be very effective if you’re looking to create an intense, powerful chorus that sticks in someone’s head after only a few listens.
- Make a “Call and Response” phrase to get everyone involved – This technique is one of the most potent ways to create an exciting chorus that will make people want to sing along with you. All you have to do is say something, then someone responds by saying something else in turn. For example, it could be something like “I miss you”/“Oh, I miss you too.”
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple and Singable
https://soundcloud.com/guyetrep : in English (my voice + ukulele)
https://soundcloud.com/guyechante : en Français (in french)
https://soundcloud.com/user-380042223 : songs with lyricists