Chords 
C/G (C with G bass) 332010 
Em7 O22O3O 
Am XO221O 

A suspended OO223O 
F X33211 
G 32OOO3 

(Verse I) 
Everybody's watchin'! She doesn't disappoint. 
She licks her lips like she's rollin' a joint. 
I want it to be over, But it goes on and on.
I can't wait for every-one to be gone, 
But the, Lonely strangers and hangers on, 
They laugh to them-selves and, Well, Hang on.
She wraps 'em 'round her finger. 
They fall at her feet. 
She's a magiful woman. 
She gener-ates heat! Every night I wonder, That 

(Chorus Refrain) 
She-'s Comin' Ho--me With Me.

(Verse II) 
Everybody's laughin'. They call, "Last call!" 
Patty starts 'em movin' toward the back of the hall.
I can only follow, Stayin' close to the wall,
Makin' for the lobby, And the Tax-i stalls. 
There's little danger, She could trip and fall, 
With the crowd crushed a-gainst her, Gaping in awe. 
She turns in the doorway, Gives 'em one last treat! 
When this beautiful girl, Waves and winks at me, 
Everybody wonders, Why She's Comin' Home With Me. 

(Bridge)
"Hey Patty," I said, one night in bed, 
"do ya' ever worry this could go to your head?" 
She put her feet to the ceiling, stood on her head, said,

"They'll forget all a-bout me, Soon after I'm dead. 
Why waste your worry over what might never be?
Why get in a hurry? Can't we just wait and see?
Be-sides, I'm just happy knowin', 
You're Comin' Home With Me." 

(Verse III) 
Everybody's millin', A-bout in the crowd. 
They don't want it to be over, But it is, Now. 
Patty's in the Taxi. She's waitin' for me. 
As I close the door, She slides a-cross the seat. 
Her head on my shoulder, She drifts off to sleep. 
The driver knows the ways of New- York City streets,
To the Plaza Hotel, And fresh, white sheets. 
I'm strummin' in the alley, To let Pat-ty sleep. 
She'll wake up in the mornin', Here-- at home with me.
(Tag)
She's Comin' Home with me. 
She's Comin' Home With Me.

More Info...
She's Comin' Home With Me Copyright May 8, 2003 by Gary E. Andrews. 
All Rights Reserved For The Globe 

From my 38-song "Out Of The Woodwork V" copyright collection.

I see this elegant woman, Patty, very earthy, earth-tone clothes, umber, tans and dark, rich reds and black, with long, honeyed brown hair, long skirt, long-sleeve vest-jacket, standing on a stage, talking with the fans still filling the hall as the band packs up behind her. 

(I see Cyndi Lauper playing the role, in a wig. I've had a crush on her since her splendid songs of "She's So Unusual"). 

Fans flop on the edge of the stage to sit at her feet, enthralled at her raconteurial iterations. 

The lights come up. From the bar along the wall at stage left, "They call last call" Patty wades into the center of the crowd, moving toward the lobby at the back of the theatre/bar. 

"She turns in the doorway," waves to "me," the guitar player, the Singer-Character 'me' in the Song. Guitar case in hand he is working through the crowd up the stage-right aisle. They wonder what he wonders, "why She's Comin' Home With Me." When she speaks, he stops a moment, looks back at her. He sees what the fans see in her. 

It ends at sunrise with 'me' playing for reporters in the alley at the Plaza Hotel, so as not to disturb Patty. Patty looks out an upstairs window and drops a brogan boot to clang on the trashcan next to the one the guitar player is sitting on, teasing, "You alleycats get out of the alley! People are tryin' to sleep up here!" (See Cyndi?) 

She invites them all up for breakfast. The reporters hustle off, leaving the guitar player and Patty to share a look, a grin, prompting him to gather his boot and follow the reporters. The End. 

YOU could record this. YOU could get Cyndi for the video! You're just that amazing!

This topic was modified 6 days ago by Gary E. Andrews
This topic was modified 5 days ago 2 times by Gary E. Andrews

Despite 1,000's of years of Songwriting humans have not exhausted the possibilities. There will always be another Song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? www.garyeandrews.com

Gavin
(@gavin)
Honorable Member
14/08/2019 5:34 pm  

Folks, Gary didn't post a link, but you can (and should) listen to this on the player at his home page: http://www.garyeandrews.com/

I like it Gary, especially the bridge. It's such a nice image. I got a little confused at the end. Is the hotel home, or are they going on home from the hotel? I had assumed it was the former - they are on the road and hotels are home - but the tag made me wonder.

I may or may not be an enigma
http://mysteriousbeings.com

ReplyQuote
Gary E. Andrews
(@gary-e-andrews)
Sparkly Member
14/08/2019 6:54 pm  

Oh! The link in my 'signature' at the bottom of my posts isn't 'clickable'. I assumed it was. But that's where the Songs are!

www.garyeandrews.com 

The Plaza is a residential hotel, suites where people live as their homes.
Patty and 'Me' were making good money in those days. They could afford to live at the Plaza. 
They lived where Julia Marlowe, First Lady Of The American Stage lived, born August 17, 1865 in Caldbeck, Cumberlandshire, England, died 1950.
Unfortunately Patty's Mother (spoken with cold derision) convinced Patty that 'Me' had called her a name in this Song, which was nothing but a tribute to his deeply overwhelming love for her. Unable to clear it up the couple separated.
Years passed, until one winter day they ran into each other on the sidewalks of New York and Patty finally told 'Me' her Mother said, "He called you Ice Head!"
"Ice Head?" 'Me' asked, incredulous. "What the hell would that even mean?"
Unable to communicate about it they both went on their way, him longing to have her back in his life, her still trusting her (got your derision voice ready?) Mother's judgment.
'Me' went home and played the Song, over and over. Finally he spotted, "Hey Patty, Ice Head..."
That's when he realized Patty's Mother (derision) was full of crap, and if Patty fell for that maybe it was best they didn't continue their relationship after all.

"Missed A Bullet" was 'Me's next Song and it charted at number seven.

Despite 1,000's of years of Songwriting humans have not exhausted the possibilities. There will always be another Song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? www.garyeandrews.com

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register