Just havin’ a laugh...

Just havin’ a laugh breh in C Major  

RSS

RhysFraser
(@rhysfraser)
Sparkly Member
03/08/2019 7:46 pm  

This is easily my most complex bit of music. Tbh I mostly just wrote it to prove I could... I know that sounds pretentious, but with the weird experimental crap I wrote I worry I come across as something more of a hack than I need to. That said, I’m not sure it’s actually in C Major, but I think that’s right. 

Cheers

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by RhysFraser

JAPOV
(@japov)
Honorable Member
03/08/2019 10:35 pm  

I tend to gravitate toward weird and experimental lol, but most of this is getting lost in the reverb.... If you’ve ever heard any of my stuff you know I LOVE REVERB! It sounds to me like you were using headphones and kinda' got lost in your own "headspace".... I'm guilty of that all the time. I know it’s hard lol, but try pulling that reverb all the way back then bring it up to where you can just barely hear it. Remember reverb is a cumulative effect, if you use it on every track/take it piles up! I’d really like to be able to hear this 🙂

ReplyQuote
RhysFraser
(@rhysfraser)
Sparkly Member
04/08/2019 10:46 am  

Thanks for the feedback dude! You’re right, I pulled it back (hopefully enough), and I think it’s more intelligible now. In retrospect it was set at a pretty obnoxious level 😛 Thanks!

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Honorable Member
04/08/2019 11:54 am  

Are you only using a mic? If so, very well done... that’s a great "pure mic tone"! For clarity I would still mix in about 30% pickup if possible.... How are you recording? What’s your rig?

ReplyQuote
RhysFraser
(@rhysfraser)
Sparkly Member
04/08/2019 11:59 am  

Thanks man! I’m currently recording with a Martin 000-15M (sweet guitar) through an iPhone 7 and GarageBand. The mic on its actually pretty good, especially compared to my old one, but it’s still not ideal. I’m out for lunch at the moment, but I’ll upload an updated version w/ more gain later today. I agree that’d help with the clarity. Thanks again dude, really solid and much appreciated advice! 

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register