A Little Too Late

A Little Too Late  

RSS

Deacon
(@deacon)
A Night To ReMember
19/05/2020 10:10 pm  

I recently recovered this file, thought I had lost it a while back when my computer crashed.  It was recorded back in 2009 and was my one and only recording of the song, played on an old beat up out of tune guitar.

A Little Too Late  lyrics and music by Ron Nelson  all rights reserved

V1

You hurt me when you said good bye,
left me for some other guy.
Now here you are slippin around,
trying to give me back your love.
Chr
Now it's a little, a little too late.
Can't be like we were before.
Yeh it's a little, a little too late,
and I don't need you anymore.
V2
There's a new girl in my life,
loving her just feels so right.
I don't need you to drag me down,
so go back to that guy you found.
Chr
Cause it's a little, a little too late.
Yeh it's a little, a little too late,
Br.
We can't just be friends,
cause I know in the end,
you'll still want me for your own.
Chr.
It's a little, a little too late.
It's a little, a little too late,
Outro
It's a little too late.
It's a little too late.

This topic was modified 1 week ago by Deacon

Music is an international language, say it with a song. deaconmusic4u@gmail.com

Polly
(@polly)
Sparkly Member
20/05/2020 8:28 am  

I'm gonna be honest, because maybe this will be helpful: Tune the guitar and record it again. No one can really listen to a song where anything is way out of tune. This could be a decent song, but I could not listen to the whole thing because it hurts the ears.

ReplyQuote
Gary E. Andrews
(@gary-e-andrews)
A Night To ReMember
20/05/2020 9:43 am  

A good 'pop' Song hammers home the title, THE Hook. You hit yours about eight times. At the end any listener should know the title. The Melody to which the words were sung should replay in their heads after the Song ends. Mission accomplished.

"A Little Too Late"  lyrics and music copyright by Ron Nelson  All rights reserved

VI

You hurt me when you said good bye, (Enunciation  of 'You hurt' not coming through.)
Now here you are slippin around, (I don't hear 'Now'.)
trying to give me back your love. (Rhyme-Scheme? 'bye/guy, around/love'. The Chorus has an ABAB Rhyme-Scheme. Verse II has an AABB Rhyme-Scheme. You might be able to get away with it. If it works, it works. I like that last Line for some reason. I don't think I ever heard an attempted reconciliation expressed that way before.)
Chr
Now it's a little, A Little Too Late. (Word 'now' not enunciated.)
Can't be like we were before. ("We" to open this Line seems like it could work better.)
Yeah it's a little, A Little Too Late,
and I don't need you anymore. (I like to delete 'and' as an unneeded word in the meaning, and a clutter and slur word in singing. Sound like you delete it.)

VII
There's a new girl in my life.
Loving her just feels so right.
I don't need you to drag me down. (I don't hear 'I'.)
so go back to that guy you found. (I don't hear 'so'. It works without it.)
Chr
Cause it's a little, A Little Too Late. (I recommend deleting 'Cause'.)
(We) Can't be like we were before.
Yeah it's a little, a little to late, (You left an 'o' out of 'too'. Little things matter. If a 'reader' interrupts their 'consumption' of the Song to figure out what you meant to say, instead of what you did say, it's just that, an interruption. You want them to 'get' it without interruption.)
and I don't need you anymore. (Recommend deleting 'and'.)
Br.
cause I know in the end, (Sounds like you delete 'cause'. Good.)
you'll still want me for your own. (The Melody goes down at the end of the Line, just like Verse Melody. It could go up, sustained, for the effect. The function of a Bridge is to renew interest, breaking Repetition with Change, enabling a final giving of the Chorus without risking monotony of Repetition.)

Chr.
It's a little, A Little Too Late.
It's a little, A Little Too Late,
and I don't need you anymore. ('and')
Coda
Yeah, It's A Little Too Late.
It's A Little Too Late.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Gary E. Andrews

Despite 1,000's of years of Songwriting humans have not exhausted the possibilities. There will always be another Song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? www.garyeandrews.com

ReplyQuote
Gary E. Andrews
(@gary-e-andrews)
A Night To ReMember
20/05/2020 9:49 am  

A good 'pop' Song hammers home the title, THE Hook. You hit yours about eight times. At the end any listener should know the title. The Melody to which the words were sung should replay in their heads after the Song ends. Mission accomplished.

"A Little Too Late"  lyrics and music copyright by Ron Nelson  All rights reserved

VI

You hurt me when you said good bye, (Enunciation  of 'You hurt' not coming through.)
Now here you are slippin around, (I don't hear 'Now'.)
trying to give me back your love. (Rhyme-Scheme? 'bye/guy, around/love'. The Chorus has an ABAB Rhyme-Scheme. Verse II has an AABB Rhyme-Scheme. You might be able to get away with it. If it works, it works. I like that last Line for some reason. I don't think I ever heard an attempted reconciliation expressed that way before.)
Chr
Now it's a little, A Little Too Late. (Word 'now' not enunciated.)
Can't be like we were before. ("We" to open this Line seems like it could work better.)
Yeah it's a little, A Little Too Late,
and I don't need you anymore. (I like to delete 'and' as an unneeded word in the meaning, and a clutter and slur word in singing. Sound like you delete it.)

VII
There's a new girl in my life.
Loving her just feels so right.
I don't need you to drag me down. (I don't hear 'I'.)
so go back to that guy you found. (I don't hear 'so'. It works without it.)
Chr
Cause it's a little, A Little Too Late. (I recommend deleting 'Cause'.)
Yeah it's a little, a little to late, (You left an 'o' out of 'too'. Little things matter. If a 'reader' interrupts their 'consumption' of the Song to figure out what you meant to say, instead of what you did say, it's just that, an interruption. You want them to 'get' it without interruption.)
and I don't need you anymore. (Recommend deleting 'and'.)
Br.
cause I know in the end, (Sounds like you delete 'cause'. Good.)
you'll still want me for your own. (The Melody goes down at the end of the Line, just like Verse Melody. It could go up, sustained, for the effect. The function of a Bridge is to renew interest, breaking Repetition with Change, enabling a final giving of the Chorus without risking monotony of Repetition.)

Chr.
It's a little, A Little Too Late.
It's a little, A Little Too Late,
and I don't need you anymore. ('and')
Coda
Yeah, It's A Little Too Late.
It's A Little Too Late.

Despite 1,000's of years of Songwriting humans have not exhausted the possibilities. There will always be another Song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? www.garyeandrews.com

ReplyQuote
Deacon
(@deacon)
A Night To ReMember
20/05/2020 11:47 pm  

Hello Polly,  I love honest, feed back is worthless without honesty.  Thank you for taking the time to listen and to give a critique, sorry it hurt your ears.  Not only does the guitar need tuned, so does the voice.  Luckily I don't have that guitar anymore, and I will record it again, but there's not much I can do about the voice, I just wasn't blessed there.  Again, Thank You, and best wishes,

Speak soon

ReplyQuote
Deacon
(@deacon)
A Night To ReMember
21/05/2020 12:00 am  

Hello Gary, I knew I could count on you, and I agree with every point.  I believe I changed the lyrics a little after the recording, and those are the ones I posted.  Guess I was so excited about finding the file and posting it without posting the old lyrics with the sound file.  I'm going to record the song again with a few cord changes and with the new lyrics.  Thank You for taking the time for the critique and suggestions, best wishes,

Speak soon

ReplyQuote
JAPOV
(@japov)
Prominent Member
21/05/2020 4:06 am  

Try singing the last 2 lines of your verses without the pause to break things up a little bit 🙂

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=1449856

ReplyQuote
Polly
(@polly)
Sparkly Member
21/05/2020 10:34 am  
Posted by: @deacon

Hello Polly,  I love honest, feed back is worthless without honesty.  Thank you for taking the time to listen and to give a critique, sorry it hurt your ears.  Not only does the guitar need tuned, so does the voice.  Luckily I don't have that guitar anymore, and I will record it again, but there's not much I can do about the voice, I just wasn't blessed there.  Again, Thank You, and best wishes,

Speak soon

I'm glad you don't mind getting an honest review. One thing I try to keep in mind is that being in tune and in time is more than half the battle. No matter how good a song is, no one will listen if it doesn't have these basics. (Not saying I'm always in tune and in time, just that I try).

ReplyQuote
Deacon
(@deacon)
A Night To ReMember
22/05/2020 12:17 am  

Hello "T", Thank You for the suggestion, I tried it and I believe it will work, it does break up the repetition, appreciate that.  Best wishes,

Speak soon

ReplyQuote
Deacon
(@deacon)
A Night To ReMember
22/05/2020 12:21 am  

Hello Polly, Good point and well taken.  From listening to some of your works, I would say you have no problem with tune and timing   Thank you, Best wishes,

Speak soon 

This post was modified 6 days ago by Deacon

ReplyQuote
Gavin
(@gavin)
Right Honorable Member
23/05/2020 7:11 pm  

Hey Deac. This has a real 60s retro feel to it. In a good way :). Have you thought of maybe going up with your voice instead of down on the last line of each verse. It would add a bit of variety and build to the chorus. Also, I wonder if the chorus might sound a little better with a couple more words:

Now it's a little, it's just a little too late.
Yeh it's a little, it's just a little too late,
and I don't need you anymore

For me, there seemed a little too much empty space.

Looking forward to hearing the re-recorded version.

I may or may not be an enigma
http://mysteriousbeings.com

ReplyQuote
Deacon
(@deacon)
A Night To ReMember
27/05/2020 11:39 pm  

Hello Gav,  Good to see you, Thank you for the comments and the suggestion.  I tried it and it works well, when I re-record this I will give it a go.  Best wishes,

Speak soon

ReplyQuote
YrralMallik
(@yrralmallik)
Honorable Member
28/05/2020 10:39 am  

Enjoyed Da Listen ~ Me Likes

Larry G. Killam

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register