MAGIX - Samplitude

MAGIX - Samplitude  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

DClose
(@dc)
A Night To ReMember
16/03/2019 3:54 pm  

I use Audacity because it's free, which fits my non-existent budget perfectly, and it's easy to use.  It does exactly what I need it to do.

ReplyQuote
philgnfla
(@philgnfla)
Eminent Member
20/03/2019 2:07 pm  

Deacon, I bought the Audiobox USB96 ($95.00 I think) which came with Studio One Artist for free. I also had tried Audacity first, because it was free. Audacity has some great user interface features! But there were some shortcomings, so I installed S1 Artist. It took some getting used to, and I still have to stop and read the manual, or go watch a video on YouTube. I'm running on a Toshiba P75-A7100 laptop, 64 bit, 8 GB memory, 2.4GHz. When I set up to record, S1 is the only app I run. I have zero latency issues or crackling, and on the Audiobox, I have the mixer knob turned all the way over to Play Back. I think I have my device block size in S1 set at 128 samples (but I can also use 64 samples with no problems), and sample rate 44.1 kHz. NOTE: block size of 64 works better for recording, but depending on how many tracks, I have to set the block size to 128 for mixdown, or I get crackling.

Studio One is designed for the Audiobox, so that is why I use it.

phil

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register